Regency’s Ophthalmology Department provides a comprehensive and efficient outpatient and surgical service to the local community and beyond.
Our ophthalmologists diagnose and treat a wide range of eye problems, injuries and medical disorders including:
- Cataracts and phaco-surgeries (subsidised treatment available)
- Diagnostic testing using A-scan ultrasound biometry
- Glaucoma including perimetry testing
- Occuloplastic and squint surgeries
- Optometry services for prescription contact lenses and glasses (low cost glasses available)
- Retinal conditions
If surgery is required, most conditions are treated under local anaesthetic allowing patients to recuperate in their own home.